Monday, April 19, 2010

Eternity

So, I was thinking this week, (or past few days) about eternity, I think this is a fairly non-controversial subject for most Christians, but I don't think very many of us stop to take the time to think about it (at least I don't), we just think: "Yeah, it'll be great, I can spend all my time counting my treasure I've stored and seeing my friends" we don't really get the concept, even if you think about it you don't get it, I'm not sure if we're able to fully comprehend eternity, we're so used to dealing with limited time. When I think about eternity my brain automatically sets a time somewhere in the far future where it ends. How big is it? I'm going to give you kind of a rambling answer: there are approximately 25,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in a pencil lead, with this as perspective, imagine how many atoms are in the universe... Count each atom as a year... And that's not even the smallest fraction of eternity! Yikes! So, what's the point of all this? If you took 10 minutes to tell someone about Jesus and they were saved from the worst punishment imaginable, to the best reward that is ever possible, for eternity... How much time is that?
I realize that pretty much the only times I try to share my faith is when someone who is expecting me to is watching, but I'm hoping to change that. How about you?

8 comments:

Wooton said...

so anyways, I was wondering what you, my loyal followers, would like to see on my blog (I want your opinions, all three of them)

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

This sounds intriguing... Do you write at all? What is this blog based on? Looks great so far...I'm interested to see what you come up with :P

Star-Dreamer said...

Reading this, I just have to post this coment really quick.

This is something my paster quoted on Easter Sunday.

When asked what it would be like in heaven, this 10 year old girl stood up and said. "There is no homework in heaven... unless your teacher gets there too!"

I just had to laugh! And I thought it would fit well on a blog post about eternity.

Unknown said...

One way I've seen eternity put before is that heaven, God (the Trinity) Angels, all the above are outside of time. There is no time in Heaven, and so, when we get to Heaven the idea of time will sound ludicrous most likely, while eternity just IS, we'll know with all our being that there is no end to 'time' and that our life in heaven will never cease.

Great post!

Seth,
the-narrowing-road.blogspot.com

Precentor said...

Good post :)

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
C. S. Lewis


I chuckled when I read this, but I think it fits well :)

Wooton said...

Thanks for all your comments
Squeaks, I tried my hand a writing a novel about two years ago, it didn't work out, but who know, I may put pen to paper again. could you clarify a little on the second question.

Seth, I hadn't thought of that before but that's a good point, thanks for posting it

T.J.B. said...

Nice. :) I'm wanting to change that as well, but wanting to and doing are totally different things. So, let's say striving. Is that a better word? :) Great post.

Hope to see more like this!

God bless,
Taylor J. Beisler

www.taylorbeisler.com
www.impossiblewriter.wordpress.com
www.4thebroken.blogspot.com