Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random

Okay, it's pretty late and I haven't posted anything for a while (sorry about that, internet trouble).
Random: This is where I just kinda put whatever pops into my head, and all the little things that aren't large enough to make a full post.
First, a couple questions about my blog, How did you find my blog? (FB, The Underground or some other way) Do you like what I've been posting, would you want to see reviews (books, maybe movies)? Is there something you'd rather have me post about? Am I so painfully boring that you just want to go read the nutritional information on all the food in your house?

The Screwtape Letters,
Okay, I admit it, I haven't read the book! however, I have heard the dramatization done by Focus on the Family (which I would highly recommend) It was extremely edifying to hear about temptations from a different perspective, never boring in the least. The dramatization was also of very high quality, featuring Andy Serkis as Screwtape and Bertie Carvel as Wormwood. Who are the main characters, with whom almost all the dialogue takes place.

Star Wars,
If you've only watched the star wars movies, you may have a slightly skewed (although perhaps originally wanted) perception of the star wars world galaxy in which the Jedi are the good guys and the Sith the bad ones. If, however, you've read some of the books as well (I've read around 10, I think) you may have a slightly different perspective. First of all, the differences between the Sith and Jedi start to blur, they both want to exterminate each other, and, in their own ways, they want what's best for the galaxy, their is no good side or bad side, only the dark or light side. This is, perhaps, because there are no rules set down by a higher authority to either, obey or disobey. In a fairly literal way, man (or alien, whatever) is supreme. In a small way, the force can be supreme, but only if the force wielding (an extremely small percentage) beings listen. Also, from my knowledge, there is no reward or punishment after death, but only to have your soul dumped into the mass pool of the force. So, ask yourself this: Are the Sith wrong?

And Last, Tolkein Vs. Rowling. A little bonus I discovered on one of my friends blogs, to which I will now direct you: Viewpoint

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug Chris! I think a relatively few people notice my page there-but I'm glad you did! :D

About Star Wars: Hmmm, I've never really thought of that. I had only read a few books that take place around the Clone Wars so I don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but it was very interesting to see that it's a little more blurred then I first thought.

Precentor said...

Actually, you voiced one of the main reasons my family is not pro starwars.

Oh oh! I found out about your page through the Underground. An online forum for Wayne Batson's and Christopher Hopper's fans! You should check it out ;)

Prescott said...

Chris, I awarded you on my blog here: http://noahsreads.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-award.html!

Cacia said...

How did I find your blog? I think I was scanning someone's followers, saw you, clicked, and ended up here...
I periodically stalk Theresa too. ^.^
Blame the twins, if you'd like. (*runs and hides*)